Geoffrey, Archbishop of York and illegitimate son of King Henry II of England, died at about 60 on 12/12/1212.
December 12, 1212 happens to be the 347th day of the year 1212 according to the Gregorian calendar. There are 19 days left until the end of this year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
A person born on this day should be aged 809 today (assuming this person is alive and well). If that same person were to save a cent a day starting at age 7, then by now that person would have a total of $2,931.44 today in savings.
The Zodiac sign of a person n born on this day is Sagittarius. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Who Died On December 12, 1212?
Geoffrey, Archbishop of York died in the year 1212.
- Day of the Week: Saturday
- How Long Ago? 809 years, 7 months, and 6 days
- Leap Year: Yes
- Star Sign: Sagittarius
ALSO SEE: Is Kindergarten Capitalized?
December 12th Holidays in History
- Christian Feast Day
- Constitution Day (Russia, 1993-2005)
- Jamhuri Day, celebrates the Independence Day or independence of Kenya from United Kingdom known as Britain in 1963.
- December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Edburga of Minster-in-Thanet
- Feast of the Apparition of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mexico)