To own an ever-shinning and sparkling set of nicely capped teeth, that gives you the utmost confidence to always smile, involves a two-party; your orthodontist and you. As they provide everything you need to hit such a milestone, there are personal habits that are meant to be observed, such as making your braces and your teeth out of stains.
Discoloration and stains are certain if you brush your teeth without braces. You begin to notice them around the brackets, and this is unideal for your dental health. Hence, you need to ensure keeping both straight and shining teeth, along with the radiating beauty is on track. There are several effects of not brushing your teeth with braces, find out!
What Happens If You Don’t Brush Your Teeth With Braces?
A couple of health issues and defects are likely to be contacted when you decide to brush your teeth without braces. Gum diseases, discoloration, tooth decay, trapped plaque, and a host of others, are unavoidable.
Food can get trapped by the brackets, thereby affecting your teeth. While your braces can get damaged when you do not wash them daily. They get weakened, and that is not good for your mental health.
When this happens, your cavities can end up with several spots, and discoloring, among several hazardous things. These effects are somewhat oblivious when the braces are still on, but they become crystal clear, showing you the damages you have caused, just by you taking them off and checking on a mirror.
There are some cases where you get cavities around your teeth, and all you need to do is book an appointment with your orthodontist or specialist, who will then have you remove a bracket or more, clean the tooth, treat your cavity, and replace all the wires or those affected, while the brackets are reglued.
Are these not costly? Therefore, it is just better for you to brush your braces twice a day, as the most ideal habit. Embracing the proper thing will cause a lot of good than cutting corners or staying off the best practice.
Effects Of Not Brushing Teeth With Braces
This is where you put a stop to being fascinated by the effects of not brushing with braces. Below are some out of many:
- Your oral health should be a thing of concern once you get braces in order to keep dental issues afar.
- Decay and damage to your teeth’s enamel is assured when food particles on your teeth cause the braces in creating spots on your teeth.
- Several health issues and housing of bacteria are going to find their way to your teeth, hence, you get the tissues of your cavities, damaged.
- For the stocking of food particles around your teeth, you will need to take off your braces before detaching them. In some cases, it becomes permanent, that you will have a special session with your orthodontist to aid you in recovering.
How To Maintain Oral Hygiene While Wearing Braces
Sometimes, it is impossible for braces to reach all the regions of your teeth, but when you make use of a long and soft toothbrush, you have an outstretched result.
A thousand and one things can be done to keep your teeth in the perfect condition while you wear your braces, here are a few of them:
- Ensure you brush your teeth while you are wearing the braces, twice a day.
- Floss your teeth twice a day, as well, especially before you have breakfast and before you go to bed at night.
- Enhance your tooth’s enamel by applying fluoride-based toothpaste whenever you want to brush while wearing your braces. By so doing, you get to strengthen them.
- Do get a new toothbrush, sponge, or floss as soon as you notice any of them going bad or getting unclean.
- You should constantly be in touch with your dentist, and request products that will boost your oral health. Ranging from orthodontic toothbrushes, water flossers, and the likes.
- To stay from embarrassment and own the cutest smile while you shine out, you need to clean your teeth while the braces are on.
- With braces, there are several ways to maintain oral hygiene, but you cannot know all of the specific ones meant for you, hence, you need to enquire from your dentist. For instance, some make use of Waterpik when it comes to removing food particles and plaque from their mouth. Most especially during the first few months of dental visitation. Even their wires and brackets get a few adjustments in the process.
- If you are one that makes use of a retainer, ensure you wear it on at night before going to bed and keep it in a safe place to avoid getting lost or damaged, when you are not making use of it. For the use of an upper retainer, in place of the lower one, leave it there at night as well, it keeps your teeth away from removing.
What Happens If You Don’t Floss With Braces?
To turn your teeth into a hub for the breeding of tonnes of bacteria and cavities. Your braces can end up getting damaged as well because residual food particles would cause harm to them.
The leftover ends up getting trapped within the braces, thereby beating up the brackets and bands that make your brace effective.
ALSO SEE: What Happens If You Miss Jury Duty?
Do I Have To Brush My Teeth Every Time I Eat With Braces?
It is highly germane and necessary for you to brush your teeth with braces once you have a snack or meal. It helps to keep your teeth clean and bacteria-free.
You are meant to also apply the instructed type of toothpaste whenever you are going to bed. By so doing, your teeth remain strong overnight, while you are asleep.
What Happens When You Don’t Brush Your Teeth For A Week?
Going for a whole week without brushing your teeth can lead to the weakening of your teeth’s enamel, their breaking down is assured. Asides from that, it becomes difficult for you to get rid of plaques on your teeth, and this will result in bad breath. When you don’t brush your teeth for after a week, you will probably be close to or having cavities.
How Long Can You Go Without Brushing Your Teeth With Braces?
You must not do without brushing your teeth with braces if you make use of one. It could lead to unhealthy and cost-consuming issues if you do. Asides from several health problems, tooth decay is one that is certain if you have braces but choose to brush your teeth without them.
Do not forget to brush your teeth with braces, cultivate an incessant habit of flossing, while you brush two times per day, plus regular check-ups and appointments with your orthodontist.
What Happens If You Only Brush Your Teeth Once A Day With Braces?
It is not advisable that you brush your teeth once a day without the braces, doing this can lead to an accumulation of bacteria and plaques, which equals bad breath, gum diseases, and cavities.
You should be brushing without a braces, once a day, on the basis of forgetfulness. One could have a long day, and it might have escaped your mind on using the braces while you brush.
For the sake of an ideal oral hygiene and sweet jaw-breaking breathe, it is nice you brush your teeth twice a day with your braces on. Because food particles can’t do without residing on some corners of your teeth after you might have had your meals all day.
How To Brush Your Teeth With Braces
To avoid a couple of yellow-like materials staining your teeth, it is advised that you adhere to these instructions and steps on how to brush your teeth with braces:
Have a routine
Ensure you wear your braces, and have your teeth brushed after every snack and meal. You would have to have before you, a mirror, an electric or manual toothbrush, and a cup. Nonabrasive toothpaste, a water flosser, floss or a floss threader, mouthwash, and proxabrushes.
Swish your mouth
Swishing means you take a cup of water to rinse your mouth. It helps to make those food particles easily find an exit door once your toothbrush makes a contact with them.
Recognize your angles
The next thing to do after rinsing your mouth is to apply some amount of nonabrasive toothpaste on your brush, and hold it on 45 degrees, while you patiently take it through your gum line.
Next is the top of the brackets, be gentle with them, before you head for the wires, and underneath. You can now head to the inner surfaces of your teeth which are used for chewing.
Do not rush
If you make use of braces, it is not ideal that you hurriedly brush your teeth. Painstakingly make use of the brush, and brush all the angles of your teeth. Research says two minutes, at least, is the best time frame to have one’s mouth brushed.
However, you can last longer than this, especially if it is your first few months of using braces or retainer. Afterward, you need to floss well before rinsing your mouth (antibacterial mouthwash can’t go wrong at this point).